Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Learn how to cook seafood gumbo with chicken wings_good recipe for seafood gumbo that contains shrimps, craps, chicken…
This is an excellent Gumbo Recipe! A little time consuming but well worth it!
1 lb of chicken wings
4 beef smoked sausage links
2 cups of cut okra
1 lb of jumbo peeled shrimp
1 lb crab( legs and shoulders)
1 1/2 cup of canola oil
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 bell pepper- chopped
1 medium sized yellow onion- chopped
15 oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (optional)
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt
15 oz of chicken broth
4 cups of water
2 tsp of gumbo file
1. Over medium heat, pour your oil into a large pot, swirl to coat.
2. Add flour in the pot and stir constantly to make sure not to make any burning at the bottom of the pot.
3. Cook the flour mixture until it turns brown, then turn the heat down to medium low. Add in green onions, bell peppers, smoked sausage, keep stirring, then put in chicken.
4. Add in rest of your seasons, garlic, red pepper and Roasted Diced Tomatoes, chicken broth and a little water. Continue stirring and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
5. Add in your okra and put in the crabs one by one . Simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add in your peeled shrimp. Stir and cover. Cook over low heat for 5 more minutes until everything’s just tender.
7. Add in the gumbo file, and serve hot with white rice!